This exploration of the USDA's new Choose My Plate diagram, which replaced the long–familiar food pyramid, interactively models healthy choices such as "I fill half my plate with fruits and vegetables."
Through big, bold photos and simple text, this 16–page Big Book models healthy choices for children as they make decisions about the food they eat.
This uniquely interactive, hands–on approach…
- Supports the national imperatives on improved health habits
- Features full–sized 14”x 20” pages, ideal for use with both small and large groups
- Uses colorful, involving photography to bring children right into each page
- Includes attachable manipulatives that provide a hands–on experience like no other Big Book program
- Comes with a convenient storage pocket in the back of each book, organizing the interactive components
A 16–page Teacher's Guide includes Lesson Plans, Differentiated Instruction, Curriculum Connections, Pacing Guides, and more. Through the use of this rich resource, the Interactive Big Book experience becomes more meaningful for the students, and easier to implement for the teachers.
Includes one 16–page Big Book (14”x 20”), one 16–page Teacher's Guide, and interactive components.